Famous, infamous and many ordinary people have shaped Ladbroke's past and present.
Did you know
- The manor of Ladbroke was owned by Robert Catesby, leader of the Gunpowder Plot
- Robert Dudley (son of Queen Elizabeth 1st's favorite) and his wife Alice bought the manor in 1596. They also purchased land nearby from ancestors of Princess Diana for £1200 plus £20 for a velvet gown for Lady Spencer.
- The East window at Ladbroke Church was given in memory of Admiral Lord Byron (who inherited from Byron the poet) and his daughter
- Rev John Errington, was instrumental in opening Ladbroke School in 1876 and the church renovations the same time year
- Sir George Gilbert Scott, the eminent Victorian architect, better known for the front of St Pancras Station restored Ladbroke Church in 1876
- Lord Rootes, owner of the Hillman and Hunter car factories in Coventry lived at Ladbroke Hall in the 1950s (years to be checked)
- Ted Arturkoski, buried in Ladbroke Churchyard was a long term resident at the Polish camp in Radbourne Lane. He is remembered as a fine horseman, no doubt from his time in the Polish Cavalry.
- Who is buried in Ladbroke churchyard on Billion Graves
- The tale of Alice and the Adventurer, and other places linked with them on that page of this website or see the leaflet below.