The practicalities: FIND LADBROKE, PARKING, CHURCH, PUB, MILLENNIUM GREEN, VILLAGE HALL
WHAT TO EXPECT
Ladbroke is a hidden gem but visitors looking for shops or tea rooms will be disappointed.
Despite its historic buildings and nature all around, Ladbroke is not a living museum or tourist attraction. It is a very small village where people live and work.
As you discover and enjoy this special place, please respect it and those who call it home.
Please note there are HS2 works in the vicinity
- Ladbroke Church
Unless you are using The Bell Inn or Village Hall, there is only on-street parking. So please:
- Do not block paths or driveways
- Avoid blind bends
- Ensure a tractor can go past your parked vehicle
Near Church Very limited on-street parking by the church wall (2-3 cars).
Central village Banbury road usually has some space
The church welcomes people of all faiths and none.
- Open daily 10am – 4pm
- The stained glass looks its best on a bright day.
- Remember to wrap up warm in the cooler months as the church is only heated for services and events
- 1 toilet
- Level access from street. 1 step to chancel area. - portable ramp available - located on its side by the chest at the front of the south i.e.right-hand aisle, please use with care and return to this location after use.
- For info about services and church life see http://www.ladbrokechurch.org.uk
THE BELL INN
The village pub has:
- Parking for patrons
- Ramped access
- For opening times and more information see http://thebellinnladbroke.co.uk
This is an open air centre for the village, providing recreation for all with equal access for those with disabilities, with:
- playing field
- all-weather paths
- protected play area for young children
- picnic table
- wildflower meadow
It is a true breathing space! The tall Millennium Stone has a time capsule at its base, buried to mark the opening of the Green in 2001.
- NO parking close to Millennium Green
- NO toilet
Originally a WW1 hut, though much improved over the years, Ladbroke Village hall still retains its historical feel while providing a great venue for public or private events. It has:
- Small car park for users
- Ramped access
- Ladies, gents and & all-ability toilets